Baldwin is an e-commerce agency active in both Ghent (Belgium) and Cluj (Romania), that is currently on the search for a React Developer. Okay, no, Baldwin is actually more than just an agency. We have two pillars. The first one is all of the projects we do for our clients. But it obviously doesn’t stop there! At Baldwin, we also focus on our own product development.
Two of our own products are Medipim and Lochting. Two products that ask a lot of dedication. And hold up, there’s more: we have even more software products in our drawers. So yeah, you see, Baldwin is evolving. And that’s the reason why we’re looking for reinforcements. Cause evolution stops at nothing.
We’re looking for experienced folks. The kind that is driven to deliver results of which they are very proud. People that are team players. Who enjoy working on products that impact the world. Do you find that enthusiasm inside of you? Do you feel the drive to always surpass yourself? Well, then we have some good news for both of us. Cause you just might be the
droid person we’re looking for.
What does a React developer do?
- Build our products: Lochting, Medipim, Fraank, Grote Dorst, Contributio, …
- Implement designs and build in React / Symfony
What do we expect of you?
- At least 3 years of experience in a product-driven environment
- TypeScript knowledge or willingness to learn
- Experience with React and popular React libraries such as react-redux and react-router
- Experience with functional components and hooks, but also with legacy class-based components
- Experience with building tools such as webpack, parcel, grunt, etc.
- Knowledge of benchmarking and optimization tools and of the entire web stack: what happens server side, APIs, HTTP, SSL, authentication, caching, cookies, local storage, etc.
- Experience with server-side rendering is a plus
- Best practices when it comes to front-end development
- Strong insight of Docker and Linux
- Experience with Scrum-based development
- Test Driven Development
- English: Professional working proficiency
Oh, and before we forget …
- Your thinking is very pragmatic and analytical
- You are a problem-solver
- Automatic pilot? Nope, that’s a setting you don’t have
- You actually finish things before bothering QA with untested products
- You simply overflow with enthusiasm, passion, and a drive to go for it