If you’re a proud business owner, establishing a strong online presence on Google is essential. Going digital without setting up and configuring essential Google tools is a missed opportunity. Wondering which tools to begin with? We suggest starting with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Ads.
1. Create a free Google account
If you don’t already have a Google account, the very first step is to create one. It will be the access point to all your Google products and tools.
(1) Go to https://accounts.google.com/signup and complete your personal data.
(2) Create a Gmail address
(3) Add a recovery email address & a phone number (optional), Choose personalization settings, Confirm personalization settings and cookies, Accept the terms => Confirm
Your account is created.
2. Create your Google Analytics Account
Once you have set up your Google account, you can create the Analytics Account.
(1) Go to https://analytics.google.com/analytics & Click on start measuring
(2) Account creation: Fill in your account name & Select the Account Data Sharing settings
(3) Property creation: Fill in the property details
(4) Business details: select the industry, business size
(5) Business objectives: select the objectives based on your business strategy => Create
(6) Accept the terms & conditions
(7) Data collection: choose the platform, insert the website URL & create the stream
Your tracking ID is generated.
2.1. Let the Advertising Agency properly configure your Google Analytics account
(1) Click on Admin
(2) Go to Account User Management
(3) Click on (+)
(4) Select Add new users
(5) Insert your Digital Marketing Agency’s Email Address & give them administrator access to your account
(6) Add permissions
The invite has been sent!
Google Analytics is a powerful tool. It takes only one incorrect setup to corrupt your data. Good thing you are working with a Google Analytics-certified agency. 😉
3. Create your Google Tag Manager Account
(1) Go to https://tagmanager.google.com & Click on Create account
(2) Complete your account name and Country. Set up your container by filling in its name and selecting the place where you’ll use it. For your e-commerce shop, it will be web. Click create.
(3) Accept the Google Tag Manager Terms of Service Agreement
(4) Your Google Tag Manager code will be generated. Click OK.
Your account has been created.
3.1. Let the Advertising Agency properly configure your Google Tag Manager account
(1) Go to Admin
(2) User Management
(3) Click +
(4) Add users => Add email & Select Admin for the Account Permissions.
(5) Select Publish for Container Permissions & click Invite.
Your agency will receive the invite to manage the account.
4. Create a Google Ads Account
Go to https://ads.google.com
(2) Create new Google ads account
(3) Insert your business name
(4) Insert the website’s URL
(5) Choose your main advertising goal
(6) Skip the settings (for now)
(7) Draft your first ad (mandatory step) & click Next
(8) Select a keyword & click Next
(9) Select a location & click next
(10) Select a budget & click next
(11) Review draft campaign & click next
(12) Add your payment info
(13) Accept the terms & conditions => Submit
You account is created!
4.1. Let the Advertising Agency use your Google Ads account
(1) Log in to your account
(2) Tools & settings
(3) Setup => Access and security
(4) Click on +
(5) Enter the email address of your agency & select the roles you want to share
(6) Send invitation
Don’t forget about your company’s Facebook assets: the business manager account, the page, the pixel, the catalog, the advertising account & granting access to them.